21 May 2011

The Hunters Return

My Mum is over for a visit this weekend. She’s going to participate in Naisten Kymppi, which, according to their website, is ‘Finland’s biggest sporting event for women’ with 18 000 women of all ages who run, jog or walk a distance of approx. 10 km (6 miles). Originally, I were to participate too, but because of my injured foot I’ll just have to step aside this time. I’m pretty disappointed, as it has been one of our Mother-And-Daughter-Things, but there’s not much I can do about it.

Mind you, today’s shopping spree is probably equivalent of a 10 km walk. Mum wanted to shop for clothes, so off we went. Four and a half hours later this hunter returned with sore feet, aching back, a blister on a toe, low blood sugar and the gait of a zombie. My limit is normally something like 2 hours (every six months), so this was well past the threshold of pain. But – I brought home some good loot! I won’t bore you with the details, but I did buy a plain white t-shirt to pimp, so stay tuned for more to come.

And, as if the shopping wasn’t enough for my poor foot, after dinner we went for a wee walk. Tadpole Patrol has been neglecting its duties lately, so it was time to check up on the little rascals.

 According to a chart I found, they’re probably about 4 weeks old. I hope the puddle doesn’t dry out before they’re ready to hop away. Fingers crossed!

 I live in the City of Helsinki. This is my neighbourhood. It's hard to believe, isn't it? (No, I don’t live in the little red house.)

No comments:

Post a Comment