24 June 2011

Midsummer

Midsummer is a major festival in Finland, which isn’t very surprising considering the amount of time we spend refrigerated. So when summer finally arrives, we need to enjoy it as much as we can. A lot of people leave the cities and go to their summer cottages in the countryside, by a lake or by the sea. I, too, went to visit my folks.

Fia the Terri(fy)er. 
After dinner the family had a game of Westie-ball.
(I kicked, Dad threw and Fia chased a small football.)
That was the best laugh I've had in weeks.


Mum wanted to visit the Aspegren Gardens, so we packed ourselves into the car. 


A traditional Midsummer pole (very pagan)


The garden


The grounds


These poppies really pop




2 comments:

  1. very pretty and nice to see your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the midsummer pole, perhaps the Welsh and Norse genes are alive! The Terrifier seems to want to help with the driving - adorable.

    ReplyDelete