9 June 2013

Poppy Love

After not having been very active on this blog for so long, it feels a bit difficult to get started again. What should I write? How should I start? Should I apologise to you, my reader, for my inactivity? Well, I think I'll just say that there's a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens, and with so many things going on and such a big change in my life over the past year, blogging had to take second place. But I missed sharing my projects and discoveries with you, so I will make an attempt to breathe new life into this blog now. And I will start by sharing a little piece of quilt art that I finished recently.

I started working on this mini quilt in December, and I've shared a couple of process images before here. It was basically finished and part of an exhibition in January (link), but I wasn't 100 % happy with it, so it's been hanging around looking a bit forlorn since the exhibition, until I took pity on it and added what I felt was necessary. And now I'm quite pleased with it. I attached it to a canvas frame, which will make it easier to display, as well as make it look less like a little potholder on the wall and more like a proper piece of art.

Ok, enough talk. Here are the images:





The size of the mini quilt itself is 15,5 x 15,5 cm (6" x 6") and the techniques include monoprinting, stencilling, fabric markers, fabric collage, Free-motion machine quilting, hand embroidery and beading. The name of the quilt is Papaver (2013). Papaver is the Latin name for poppy.

Thanks for reading! More to come soon, because I'm bursting with projects and new things to try. :-)



6 comments:

  1. Den är jättefin!! :)


    Gunborg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Jag funderar på att fortsätta på vallmotemat lite till.

      Delete
  2. Poppy love, indeed! It really does look wonderful on the canvas. Good call! Hope your summer is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been hotter than July here, but now it's a bit cooler again. On Saturday I planted Martha Washington geraniums on the balcony again, and the same green plant I had last year. I think it's called silver dichondra. I loved the combination so much that I couldn't resist repeating myself. (http://salundannika.blogspot.fi/2012/07/splash-of-colour.html)

      Delete
  3. love the edge finish! great work

    ReplyDelete